If you’re running late filing your taxes, don’t worry.
Get an automatic 6-month extension by filing a simple IRS form.
And if you still haven’t picked up a copy of the 2008 Tax Makeover Guide, check it out here:
- [The 2001 tax rebates] “show that taxpayers spent about two-thirds of their rebates within six months of receiving checks.”
- “The 2008 rebate program is aimed at low-income households, because these households are the least likely to save the rebates.”
- “…rebates that are received as electronic deposits may seem less like spendable cash, and more like potential savings, than checks that taxpayers receive in the mail”
- “I suspect that giving people a prepaid debit card will do more to rejuvenate the economy than mailing out checks, but direct deposits wouldn’t be nearly as effective,” Ariely said in a recent commentary for the Marketplace radio program. “I also suspect that if we added a line on the debit card that reads ‘spend the government’s money’ this would work even better.”
- “If consumers save rather than spend the money, there will be no stimulus”
Do you know your actual earning potential?
Get started with the Earning Potential quiz. Get a custom report based on your unique strengths, and discover how to start making extra money — in as little as an hour.
Takes 3 min